Tuesday, November 6, 2007

pro·cras·ti·nate

[proh-kras-tuh-neyt, pruh-] verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing.

–verb (used without object)
1. to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
–verb (used with object)
2. to put off till another day or time; defer; delay.

The Procrastinator's Creed

1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.

2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.

4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.

5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.

6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.

8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.

9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.

10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.

11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.

12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.

13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.

14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.


Shout Out Out Out Out - Self Loathing Rulz


Tales of Mere Existence by Lev Yimaz - Procrastination

11 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Lately I have been crowned the queen of procastination, which is quite uncharacteristic of me. I blame blogger, television, fast food, and any other common evil I can shake a finger at.

riz said...

I agree with the above comment...Sometimes I think I use my relationship as an excuse to procrastinate...I've missed blogging though. I procrastinate on that...Anyway suffice it to say that I also agree it is a learned art, as you describe.

Claire said...

Have you ever seen Shout Out Out Out live? They put on an amazing show.

TennisSuperStar said...

I'm still laughing at that second video...really funny, but true stuff. Procrastination is a really bad habit, but I think we all do it more often than not. lol...

Victor Castro said...

There is good TV out here these days. I still admire Clothes Horse for the quantity + quality of post you do!

Sometimes I clinch to other projects therefore finding some justification not to finish another.

Claire... I have not seen them live. They are a rare act in Florida. I've seen them in youtube and have read that they are pretty amazing.

Procastination is my worst enemy! I try to do so much that at times it leads to procrastination on other things that I really should be doing for myself. I have all these topics and ideas for blogging, but that is getting pushed to the side, so that is why I posted this. But at least all other things are getting done, which is a good thing. It's really an anti-procrastination post, I guess you can see it as priortizing if everything else is getting done.

WendyB said...

LOL, this is great. You know who was big procrastinator? Elizabeth I. So we are all just following in her footsteps. And of course, she was quite successful, so it will all turn out well.

riz said...

I wish I could post such brilliant meta commentary...i just procrastinate!
(daring to break the cycle)

- said...

really intersting blog, love it!

i´m also a queen of procastination... funny, though!

riz said...

V*kstro - Thanks again. And that would be amazing if you could post some pix of Art Basel + Miami!! I would be thrilled to see them. I've missed your brilliance as of late, but do tell of the flagship opening...

riz said...

Ahhh V*kstro - just a quick not to say you are SORELY missed. I await your no less than brilliant return.

Anonymous said...

Hello all
ambien cost
25 mg, and they must be closely monitored.
[url=http://www.indianastallionstation.com/]cheap ambien online[/url]

Following are the adverse effects reported by at least 1% of patients treated with Ambien CR: ? Infections and Infestations: Influenza, Gastroenteritis, Labyrinthitis (inflammation of the inner ear) ? Metabolism and Nutrition Disorders: Appetite disorder ? Psychiatric disorders: Hallucination, disorientation, anxiety, depression, psychomotor retardation, binge eating, depersonalization, disinhibition, euphoric mood, mood swings, stress symptoms ? Nervous system disorders: headache, somnolence, dizziness, memory disorders, balance disorder, disturbance in attention, hypoesthesia, ataxia, paraesthesia ? Eye disorders: visual disturbance, eye redness, blurred vision, altered visual depth perception, asthenopia ? Ear and labyrinth disorders: vertigo, tinnitus ? Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders: throat irritation ? Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, constipation, abdominal discomfort, abdominal tenderness, frequent bowel movements, gastroesophageal reflex disease, vomiting ? Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: rash, skin wrinkling, urticaria ? Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders: back pain, myalgia, neck pain ? Reproductive system and breast disorders: menorrhagia ? General disorders and administration site conditions: fatigue, asthenia, cheat discomfort ? Investigations: increased blood pressure and body temperature ? Injury, poisoning and procedural complications: contusion ? Social circumstances: exposure to poisonous plant The adverse effects differ in the elderly patients though.
http://www.indianastallionstation.com/ - ambien online pharmacy

3.5% of 201 patients receiving 6.25 mg or 12.5 mg of Ambien CR discontinued treatment because of an adverse event in clinical trials with Ambien CR.