Friday, October 5, 2007

Control The Official Movie Trailer

Yes, I know... again!? Do understand, this is all I have until two weeks. My "imaginary" friends in the UK will see the film in its entirety TODAY! Joy Division Central reports that the film will be released in the UK on October 5th and the US on October 19th. So for NOW I give you THE OFFICIAL trailer and some other goodies...
Also check out **CONTROL :: OFFICIAL MOVIE WEBSITE**

Above ::: Control The Official Movie Trailer

Above: This is exactly why this interweb thingy was invented: this is the earliest ever recording of the song ‘love will tear us apart’ by the mighty Joy Division on the John Peel BBC radio show in 1979. It leaked just 3 days ago, but I reckon it’s an official release to coincide with the Anton Corbijn ‘Control’ film. The footage from this clip is taken from two performances around that time: one in Manchester and one in Brussels (Plank).


Above ::: Interview ::: "I didn't make a Joy Division film, I made an Ian Curtis film", indeed, indeed you did Sir Anton Corbijn ::: Director/Photographer

The best cover on this song by Susanna & the Magical Orchestra

7 comments:

SandDancer said...

I can't believe I haven't seen it yet - I know it was just released yesterday but I don't think I'll get round to seeing it until mid-week at the earliest.


Do I count as an imaginary friend in the UK?

Victor Castro said...

Let us know when you go... Friend!

SandDancer said...

I went to see it last night. It was pretty good although very much a straightforward biopic - I think I expected something a bit more arty/experimental. It looked stunning though - as you'd probably expect from a photographer. And obviously the music was brilliant. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you get to see it.

Victor Castro said...

so so so lucky... yeah, i'm expecting a lot as i think everyone is. i'll let you know on the 19th.

riz said...

my favoite band...!
Cobijn's quote is interesting.
Will check out Susanna et al. also...

riz said...

btw - i was scrolling thru your archives and i thought the "balenciaga vs. leggos" post was funny.

Victor Castro said...

thank you riz! i have to get back to some true fashion posts soon!