Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Who You Are...? Who We Are...?

We go through different paths in our lives, and in our journey we see beautiful and not so beautiful things. I assure you that the less charming parts would be taking in a better light with good company. Therefore, sometimes I ask myself... "if I have really been there for friends and love ones when they have gone through a dark tunnel?", worse yet, "have I been the tunnel". As our society falls into the realms of narcissism and becomes more in tune with their outer self, we strive away from how big of an impact we can make on others. Even though I believe that a reasonable amount of healthy narcissism allows the individual's perception of his/her needs to be balanced in relation to others, we must force ourselves to look beyond our own hidden mirror and become leaders, mentors or simply friends. Let our actions and moral character lead the way into our closest friend's and embrace their character. It is only then when you can step outside your shell and become who you are, not only to yourself, but to others. And here is when you will know who will accompany you through any tunnel. Friends and love ones come and go... How many stay...? How many keep in contact...? How many are still finding their way through tunnels...? Are we there...? Do we care...? Do they care? Reach out... find out! Look outside of yourself, put the mirror away. Become you, not only to you, but to others!


For Lil' Sis Tanya... an for myself... shed a light!

5 comments:

Ty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ty said...

Manito!!!.
Im still trying to find myself out of the tunnel, I believed that in some point of our life we all do too. And Thank You! for carryng, I Know that you have. ;)
Love u*

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Interesting...I wonder what made you think about this?

Victor Castro said...

rollergirl, since you asked...

I was watching "The Devil Wears Prada" (nothing else to watch, cought at the end). The end of the movie reminded me of my sister in NYC. I really felt my sister in Andy. I also thought that Miranda was not that bad, she had to be that way and at the same time she knew that Andy was capable of more and therefore treated her that way. Andy discovered herself at that point in the end when she realized that she might become Miranda, and maybe she would, but she stayed true to her own SELF! At what point in our lives did we decide to stay true to our own self? Or maybe to others? Have we decided...?

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Hey! Thanks for the explanation...